Anyone interested in health care advocacy is encouraged to participate in this training. This may include individuals caring for loved ones at home, an aging spouse, aging parents, those with chronic medical conditions, special needs children, and for themselves.
This certificate of training exists to promote health and wellness, optimize existing health care time and dollars.
This training meets the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goal which encourages the patient in their own care as a part of a patient safety strategy.
This course includes the following
- Learning the health care advocacy role
- Improve patient safety
- The role of joint commission in hospital safety
- Reduce and prevent medical errors
- Optimize health care time and dollars
- Learn to manage medical record databases
- Understanding today's health care system
- Federal and state laws concerning patient safety
- Advanced directives, living will and "do not resuscitate" orders
- Ethical considerations
- Disaster and emergency preparedness
- Disability assessments
- In home risk assessments
Health Care Advocate Certification is available for all health care providers